Thursday 29 September 2011

paper corset!

Began to make a corset this evening for my final piece of our 'wasps' project. It's coming along nicely, I'm just waiting for the paper mache to dry. It wont be a corset that you can wear but I'm making it as it is inspired by the shape of the body of a wasp, the waist, which is virtually non-existent reminds me of a corset in the olden days, where they had to where corset which squeezed their waist right in, sometimes to the point where they fainted. I began to google 'corset's' to get some ideas of shapes etc, and I discovered that there was actually such thing as a 'wasp waist corset'! how odd! So i guess that that is what i am creatinggg :D
The designs



This is the back, it has a little point at the bottom for the sting of the wasp!

The middle bit where the corset waist is really small, just like a wasps body.

Tis is the front at the bust, im oing to give it a texture which represent the wasps nest, papery and delicate. Also the toilet rolls are to make the shape of the tubes in the wasps nest.

Same, just a different angle :)

Hopefully I'll get this done by monday! Aaaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment