Friday 8 June 2012

BODY BAAAAAAAAG.

I know ya'll have been itching to see this beauty.. unfortunately I have no photoshoot of him yet :( But i am so pleased with this garment. I decided to use plastic material to get the full effect, and the screen print of my own drawing came out so good!

Minor error.. I have to change the identity of the the photo, although I have drawn Catherine Eddowes, victim number 3, I need this one to be Annie Chapman victim number 2, because Catherine Eddowes is part of the double murder! Which I am making the double skirt for! :)

Here you are.. Annie Chapman..


And the double garment I have telling you about.. I did some research into designers which have done this before.. but to my surprise there have actually only been a few.. Comme des garcons was a good one to look at, the use of leather and mesh was present but it was nothing exciting..

So these are my designs..
This first one I did, I decided I wanted the connecting bit to be a bit more shredded.. instead of one piece of fabric, to link the outfit to the ripping and shredding of what Jack theRipper did to the women.

 So I changed it slightly.. And this is what I came up with and am very happy :) For the actual thing, I think I will add in some more fabric and stitching to the waist band (elastic) and also on the lettering, which will be 'secret lemon juice writing' i dunnoo.. something gayle told me to try that the secret 7 used to do!.. But it looks really good! Oldy..looking.


 For the writing I will be using letters and articles from/ about the Ripper. I wanted to use text within my collection somehow, and this seemed like the perfect garment to do so!

Okay.. so its nothing special, but it's more of the meaning behind this one which it special. :)

So I think thats all my garments done now! just for promotional items, exhibition space, and catwalk show which i need to do now!! YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment