Wednesday 27 February 2013

NEW PROJECTS AND THINKING ABOUT TREND REPORTS

So we've been given our new groups and our new briefs.

1. Co-oproduct
2. Colour
3. Trend Report
(4. Breaking into the fashion world)- technically this isnt a project, but we've started to write our CV's and also look at where abouts we would like to be and who we'd like to have work experience with etc.

Co-oproduct, is an online organisation where they create objects for example, lamps, coat hooks, tables, chairs etc out of waste materials and we've been doing a sort of collaboration with their team to create our own 'objects' or in our case, garments and accessories with our own collected waste materials. However the only problem I have with this, is that all the examples theyve given us to look at have been of recyclable materials, and I dont really understand the point exactly in creating things out of waste materials when this doesnt or shouldnt end up on landfill anyway. So.. what I'm going to do and what I've discussed with my group is that we're going to use materials which are non-recyclable, for example, CD's, foil, plastic bags and more.

Our colour project has only just got started and I'm not overly sure what will be my outcome of this, but I have thought of a few ideas, for example linking it to the co-oproduct idea and creating a quite floaty garment with something large and industrial over the top like a shoulder piece for example, I think this will be exciting to do especially as I'd like to do fashion artifact for my MA. (Well that is the idea, I guess its still a while away yet).

The Trend Report is what we are working on at the moment, this link with the two projects, we must come up with a trend report within our groups judging by the images that we brought to our tutorials, we haven't got a set colour scheme but I think we are looking at something quite industrial, which is where I got my idea for the colour project from as that will follow on from this. Possibly we could take inspiration from the print and dye inductions we have done recently. And laser cutting is a very industrial way of working, so maybe if we could look into this. Lots of ideas at the moment, just need to get together and see what we can do with these ideas.

Also, we found lots of industrial inspiration within the current market, so this will be good to bring within our trend report as they follow on from eachother.

Especially as what we want to create is a lot more experimental, very large shoulder pieces, which could easily come after what you can find in the current market, with all the big necklaces and tribal earings.

This is topshops new accessory range. Very Industrial.



No comments:

Post a Comment