Thursday 3 November 2011

No rest for the wicked!

New project for spinning tops commenced 3 days ago! we've been making spiders webs all around college! They look really cool, and my group wanted to create a web which was like a funnel, "a funnel web"! haha. It was so fun and good to work in a team! I didnt have my camera with me, so just some pictures on my blackberry but they arent very good quality.

At first I was a bit confused as to how spinning tops links with spider webs, but they dont link directly, they link via movement, spinning tops move by us spinning them, and webs are made by the movement of the spider and this is where the project appears quite diverse, which is good because we dont have to stick to one particular aspect, we can veer off in all kinds of different tangents, I'm excited to do some drawings of some spinning tops because I've been told I am quite expressive in my drawing and they have lots of energy. So this sort of think is perfect for me!
 The beginning of our wonderful web!


 Spinninggggg topsssssssss !
 I like the idea of capturing the movement of the spinning top on top of my drawing


Managed to spin it on my hand, how cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment