Monday 21 November 2011

Umbrella dress

Sooo I began to create my Umbrella dress... made a few designs, and have started cutting some umbrellas and sewing them together etc etc... (note to self.. BUY SOME PLIERS.. my poor fingers are bruised from cutting metal with normal scissors!) First of all I cut up 4 umbrallas so that I can sew them all together in a circle because I need to fit a body in the middle of them! Although they are not painted now or decorated etc, I spoke to Gayle (teacher) and she said that this project is about creating a good photoshoot as the outcome, so it depends if I have time to decorate them, as its not essential for the project.
I have been looking a lot at Viktor & Rolfe : Cut up couture, it is so beautiful and very cleverly thought out as they don't actually cut holes in the material, they create it like this from the start, and I think that i may do something similar to this in my umbrella dress. Need to buy a lot more umbrellas though!! :O bye bye money..

Viktor & Rolf : Cut up Couture


And the start of my umbrella dress..
 The bust/ corset.
 front view
 Top view of the skirt of the dress


The underneath and how I stitched it together

2 comments:

  1. That cut up couture shoot looks amazing, post a pic of the final dress when its done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I knoww! It's so amazing!
    I will doo! Hopefully doing a photoshoot thursday, so I'll post some pictures then. :)

    ReplyDelete