Wednesday 16 November 2011

Umbrella's

So apparently umbrella's are linked to movement.. through spinning tops.. through spider webs.. through the spider moving.. ? But anyway we have a project on umbrella's and we have to design an umbrella.. but I'm feeling naughty so I'm going to change mine into a garment.. and I found the perfect inspiration.. A dutch fashion designer called Bas Koster. He made a dress made from entirely umbrellas, I love how the dress just hangs and looks like beautiful ruffles of material. Although umbrella's are not the most slimming piece of.. 'clothing' there is.. I feel that Koster has used dark colours on top and brighter colours towards the bottom to stay away from swallowing up the model in the heaps of umbrellas.

I have started designing a few umbrella inspired dresses, and will upload them when they are fully accomplished and actually make sense to not only you, but me! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment