Monday 7 November 2011

Some Dutch Inspiration!

Being me I left my camera at college in the mad rush to catch the bus this afternoon, so instead of uploading photos I took around Amsterdam and the fashion institute I went to look at, I shall show you a few Dutch fashion designers and photographers who inspire me, and leave the photo's until next time.

Iris Van Herpen


Van Herpen's last collection, 'Mummified' used neutral colours with bits of gold and brass. Material such as metal were used for chains, lace leggings and eyelets. Her work is just amazing, considering she is just a graduate. The way she uses shadow lighting and angles to capture her work is really wonderful.

 Viktor Horstin

How beautiful..

The texture in the materials really stands out with the white sprinkled through over the black of the garment. Layers from top to bottom create shadow throughout the artwork, and although the garment is somewhat large, it creates a slimming effect over the models body how Horstin has created the large to smaller layers in an upside down pyramid. Big shoulders are in! And this piece certainly shows effectiveness with fashion on and off the highstreet.

No comments:

Post a Comment